Submit your practice records here.
Local middle school-age musicians (students in grades 5 through 8) are invited to participate in the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony’s 200-Minute Practice Challenge each winter (November, December, January, and February).
By practicing their instrument for at least 200 minutes a week and documenting their time, a student earns a free ticket to the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra concert in February. Maximum four weeks/four free tickets per student.
What are the prizes? For each practice sheet turned in (up to four!) a student will receive:
- One ticket to the winter Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra Concert at Christian High School Center for Arts & Music (located on GR Christian HS campus)
- One entry into a drawing for a new tablet device and other fabulous prizes at the concert (must be present to win).
- Also: The first 100 participants to check in at the concert will receive a goody bag with some fun items.
- Teachers of participating students are entered into a drawing for a restaurant gift certificate.
How to participate:
Students can submit their practice time using a paper form or online form:
- We are only accepting the on line forms this year: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. if there is a problem with this. Thank you.
- Submit your practice records HERE.
Submission deadline: February 16, 2024
For more information, contact the 200-Minute Practice Challenge coordinator at email@example.com.