Local middle school-age musicians (students in grades 5 through 8) are invited to participate in the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony’s 200-Minute Practice Challenge each winter (November, December, January, and February).
By practicing their instrument for at least 200 minutes a week and documenting their time, a student earns a free ticket to the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra concert in March. Maximum four weeks/four free tickets per student.
Participants will also be entered to win one of several generous prizes, underwritten by the Charles M. Gates Jr. Foundation.
What are the prizes? For each practice sheet turned in (up to four!) a student will receive:
- One ticket to the Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra Concert at DeVos Performance Hall on Sunday, March 1, 2020, 3 pm.
- One entry into a drawing for a new tablet device and other fabulous prizes at the concert (must be present to win).
- Also: The first 100 participants to check in at the concert will receive a goody bag with some fun items.
- Teachers of participating students are entered into a drawing for a restaurant gift certificate.
How to participate:
Students can submit their practice time using a paper form or online form:
- Download the paper form, print it, complete it, and submit it by mail, email, or fax.
- Access the online form (COMING SOON), complete it, and submit it online.
Submission deadline: February 14, 2020
For more information, contact the 200-Minute Practice Challenge coordinator at email@example.com.