Audition registration for the 2018-19 season is open.
Auditions take place each May for the following season. Students are notified of the audition results in late June or July. Students auditioning for the Youth Symphony and Classical Orchestra must
- Register for an audition before the audition registration deadline
- Prepare to perform a solo, scales, and sight reading audition
- Pay a modest audition fee
Here is some additional information about the youth symphony program and how auditions work.
To sign up for an audition
- Read the GRYS Audition brochure 2018 and make sure Youth Symphony or Classical Orchestra is for you.
- Fill out the online 2018 Audition Application
- Pay the $25 audition via PayPal (click Pay Now below) or by sending a check with your audition form. If you send a check, please fill out this Audition form to send in with payment 2018 and mail it together with your check to Grand Rapids Youth Symphony, PO Box 8545, Kentwood MI, 49518